Linkin Park (1996 - present) [band-name (Early 2000 - Present)], originally known as Hybrid Theory and Xero, is an alternative band mainly from Los Angeles, California, signed onto Warner Bros. Records, and still currently signed onto Machine Shop Recordings (founded by Linkin Park members Mike Shinoda and Brad Delson).
|1996+||1996, 1997, 1998, 1999|
|2000's||2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005(Partial: Hiatus), 2006(Partial), 2007, 2008, 2009|
|2010's||2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015|
The band was known earlier as Xero at the start of their career. By adding Chester Bennington, after Mark Wakefield's departure, they became Hybrid Theory. Due to a legal challenge to Hybrid Theory, they changed the name of the band again to Linkin Park. The name Linkin Park comes from a small park named Lincoln Park (which was the band name but was changed immediately and wanted their own web domain) in Santa Monica, California, where Chester stayed after coming from Arizona. Due to the frequency of Lincoln Parks in the United States, the band at the start of its career would often be mistaken for a local band, eventually dubbing themselves "the nationwide local band."
- Chester Bennington (Chazy Chaz): lead vocals, sometimes rhythm guitarist on stage (noticibly in "Shadow of the Day" and "Iridescent"), current member of Dead By Sunrise, since a former member of Grey Daze, Sean Dowdell & His Friends? and Stone Temple Pilots.
- Rob Bourdon: drums, percussions, guitars, since a former member with some of Brad's bands (Relative Degree).
- Brad Delson (Big Bad Brad [BBB]): lead guitarist, sometimes backing vocalist (since the release of A Thousand Suns, with additional vocals on "Until It Breaks" from the album Living Things), since a former member of his bands with Rob, such as Relative Degree.
- Dave Farrell (Phoenix): bass, cello in studio, sometimes backing vocalist, former member of Tasty Snax.
- Joseph Hahn (Mr. Hahn): DJ, turntablist, sometimes backing vocalist (since the release of A Thousand Suns).
- Mike Shinoda (The Glue): emcee, co-vocalist, often rhythm guitarist and pianist on stage, current member of White Pegacorn with Mark Wakefield, and solo rapper of Fort Minor.
- Mark Wakefield: former singer of Xero, current member of White Pegacorn with Mike Shinoda.
- Scott Koziol: standin bassist while Phoenix was absent.
- Ian Hornbeck: standin bassist while Phoenix was absent.
- Kyle Christener: standin bassist formerly from the band Hybrid Theory while Phoenix was absent.
Main article, Linkin Park Discography
- note: This is the way these are printed on the covers.
- LIVE IN TEXAS
- ROAD TO REVOLUTION: LIVE AT MILTON KEYNES
- A THOUSAND SUNS : WORLD TOUR 2010 LIVE IN MADRID MTV European Music Awards 2010
- LIVING THINGS (Live in Berlin)
- THE HUNTING PARTY : LIVE FROM MEXICO
- Hybrid Theory EP (Remastered)
- LIИKIИ PARK UNDERGROUND V2.0
- LINKIN PARK UNDERGROUND
- LIИKIИ PARK UИDERGROUИD 4.0
- Linkin Park UNDERGROUND 5.0
- LInKIn PARK UnDERGROUnD 6
- MMM…COOKIES SWEET HAMSTER LIKE JEWELS FROM AMERICA! (LPU 8.0)
- LINKIN PARK UNDERGROUND 9: DEMOS
- LP UNDERGROUND X: DEMOS
- Linkin Park Underground Eleven
- LINKIN PARK UNDERGROUND 12
- LINKIN PARK UNDERGROUND XIII
- LINKIN PARK UNDERGROUND XIV
- LINKIN PARK UNDERGROUND XV
Linkin Park have numerous charities, businesses and fan organizations that have stemmed out during the course of their career.
- Machine Shop
- Music for Relief
- Linkin Park Underground
- Linkin Park Street Team
- Michael K Shinoda Endowed Scholarship
Main article, Linkin Park Concert
The current tours by the band are shown on the main article below the "Live Shows" article.